Thank you for your interest in participating in Gingerbread Village 2017! By building a gingerbread creation, you can help raise money to end homelessness in Thurston County! Creations will be auctioned off to raise money to support SideWalk's mission.
Each team will receive two tickets to the Gingerbread Social on Saturday night! There is no cost to register to build!
Choose your design type:
“Castles” are designed and constructed on a 36x36 base. Each creation will contain lighting and stained glass effects. Castles are typically built by skilled bakers.
“Houses” are structures on a 24x24 base. Lighting and other effects are optional. Houses are well-suited to amateur teams such as families, youth groups, or friends.
- Your entry must be handmade of gingerbread, and be original (no kits please).
- The house must be made in 2017.
- All exterior surfaces must be edible. No wrapped candies or lollipops on a stick.
- Lighting is encouraged on Castles and Houses. Please indicate on your Building Permit if you need power for your creation.
- Your entry must be completed before delivery. There will only be time for touch-ups after delivery.
- Your entry must be freestanding on a plywood or similar material. No cardboard bases.
- “Castles” must be no larger than 36" x 36" at base, and no taller than 48" high. Each creation will contain lighting and stained glass effects. Castles are typically built by skilled bakers.
- “Houses” must be no larger than 24" x 24” at base, and no taller than 36" high. Lighting and other effects are optional.
- Builders must register for their spot in the Village by November 1!
Register by emailing Kit Gertje at firstname.lastname@example.org
All proceeds from the Gingerbread Village and Social will benefit SideWalk and our mission to end homelessness in Thurston County.
Questions? Please call Kit Gertje at 302-581-9255 or email GBVEventCoordinator@walkthurston.org